Citrix Web Portal
Halifax Regional Citrix XenApp Server Instructions
How to Log On to the Citrix Web Portal
2. How to Install the HRMC Citrix Client
3. Microsoft Knowledgebase Article on How to Add Trusted Sites to Internet Explorer
4. How to Create a Shortcut to the Halifax Regional Citrix Web Portal
Welcome to the Halifax Regional Citrix Portal
If you need help, or have not used the Citrix portal before, please read the instructions below. Only authorized users may access the Citrix portal. If you require access to the Halifax Regional computer system, please contact the Help Desk at (252) 535-8142. If you already have access to the Citrix portal you may continue to the Log On page by clicking HERE.
- Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows 7 Professional is required to access Citrix. Other versions of Windows and other Operating Systems have known issues and are not supported.
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher. Other web browsers have known issues and are not supported.
- High Speed Internet connection. Dial up connections have known issues and are not supported.
- If you have not received a security letter from Information Systems containing your Citrix username and password, contact the Help Desk at (252) 535-8142.
- Install the Citrix Web Client by clicking HERE and running (or opening) the file. Accept the License Agreement and take all defaults by clicking "Next" through the installation process.
- Browse to http://citrix.halifaxrmc.org to open the Citrix Logon page. Use the information in your security letter to log in. If you wish, you may bookmark the Logon Page.
- Click once on the application that you wish to launch. If prompted for file security rights, select "Full Access" and "Never Ask Me Again".
- When you are finished, close the application by using the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the application. Also be sure to click the Log Off button on the Citrix Applications page.
If you are having trouble there are several places to get help, a few are listed below.
Citrix Support - http://support.citrix.com
Windows Support - http://support.microsoft.com
Application Specific Support - Information Systems Help Desk (252) 535-8142 (Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:30PM)
Terminal Services Licensing Error Information
If you are receiving a terminal server license error, then click HERE to fix the problem. You will have to allow the file to run, do not save it. When it is finished, reboot your computer.
Click the Citrix Logo go to the Citrix Log On Page